The Sound are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Who are We?
We’re The Sound, an independent covers band based in Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, submit an enquiry via the website, phone or email.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information:
- Name (and business name if applicable)
- Contact information including phone, email and IP address
- Demographic information such as postcode, event address
- Bank details
- Other information relevant to your enquiry
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our promotions and services which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, but only if you have made an enquiry with us, subscribed to us, and only if you have not opted out of receiving promotional emails.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. When you have entered into a contract with us, we will hold you data securely for 6 years to help support our financial reporting requirement.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Our web site may also use Google Analytics heatmap and visitor recording software. Google Analytics may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected by Google Analytics is for The Sound’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like to remove your personal details from our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.